Using OBS to Live Stream Your Mocap on Youtube
You can works with major livestreaming tools including OBS, Xsplit, and FFSplit to superimpose talking characters on top of major broadcasting platforms like Twitch, YouTube, Mixer and Facebook. Follow the steps below to add a virtual host to live broadcasts.
- Prepare a character in Cartoon Animator.
- Click the Project Settings button on the playbar (Shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + P).
- Click the Background Color button to apply a green screen background to realtime character performances for easy color keying.
The background can be any pure color, not limited to green or blue.
- Open the Motion LIVE 2D panel and start the workflow of facial mocap.
- Launch a livestreaming tool, in this case, OBS Studio.
- Click the Add (+) button in the Sources panel to add the Cartoon Animator window into the viewport.
- From the Window drop-down list, select the Cartoon Animator window. Click OK.
- The Cartoon Animator window will show.
Move the Cartoon Animator window to the desired position of the viewport, in this case, the bottom right.
Right-click on the Cartoon Animator window to select Filters.
- In the Filters panel, click the Add (+) button and select Color Key to remove the green background.
- The green background is removed. You may drag the Similarity slider to the right to eliminate the residual green edge line around the character.
- Click the Add (+) button again and select Crop/Pad.
Input the numbers in the Left, Top, Right and Bottom to crop out the character animation area you want to show on the viewport.
- Return to the OBS main screen. Click the Add (+) button in the Sources panel to add a broadcast screen into the viewport.
- Input the URL information, and the screen size of the broadcast. Click OK.
- The broadcast screen will show. Adjust the layer order in the Sources panel to show the Cartoon Animator character to the top most.
Go to the YouTube website and click the Create a video or post >> Go live on the top-right.
Create a new stream and copy the Stream Key provided by YouTube.
- Back to the OBS. Go to File >> Settings and switch to the Stream tab.
Select YouTube from the Service drop-down list and paste your Stream Key. Click Apply.
- Click Start Streaming on the lower right of the main screen to live stream your facial mocap performance on YouTube.