Multiple Gears Controlling One Character
With the flexibility of Motion LIVE plugin you can control one character with different gears for capturing facial, body, and hand motions.
- Mount different mocap gears or devices on your PC or any PC on the intranet
and make sure they are in proper working order.
- Verify that these devices are capable of detecting and capturing the actor's facial expressions, motions and hand gestures.
- Apply a character in iClone.
You should Deactivate the Foot Contact feature of the characters in order to get the best foot motions from the body mocap devices or gears.
Go to Plugins >> Motion LIVE >> Motion LIVE.
The Motion LIVE panel will show.
- Follow the standard steps (Facial Expressions, Body Motions, Hand Gestures) to connect the gear or device to the plug-in.
Notice that you must get and install the gear profiles before the gears can be added into the list.
- In the Character List, click the Exclamation button in the Face column for one of the characters you want to control with the device.
- Pick devices or gear in the Body and Hand cells for the character.
Now the picked gears are able to control this character.
- Now the character is controlled by different gears and ready for previewing and recording.