Facial Expression Capture - Faceware Workflow
iClone offers the most affordable and intuitive facial expression capturing solution in the industry. Now you can use multiple and any facial expression-capturing devices to create realistic-looking character facial expressions quickly, by controlling characters with your own facial features in real-time.
- Set up the facial mocap devices and related software. Currently, you have two options to choose from:
- Apply and select a character in iClone.
Go to Plugins >> Motion LIVE >> Motion LIVE.
The Motion LIVE panel will show. Select the Facial row in the Gear List section.
- In the Gear List, click the "+" button in the Facial row to show the default supported devices. Select either one from the pop-up menu (in this case, the Faceware Live).
- You will see the device is now under the Facial group with a green hollow circle.
- Click on the hollow circle to activate it. The circle will turn to be a solid one, which indicates that the device is now connect to Motion LIVE plugin.
- In the Character List, click the Exclamation button in the Face column of the character you want to puppet with the device.
- Select the existing device from the list. You will see the icon of the product shown in the cell.
- Click the Preview button, and press the Space Bar to
preview your real human facial expressions on the virtual
Click the Record button and press the Space Bar to