Applying Elastic Motions to Props
Usually, you create prop animations by mean of the key-frame-animation method.
Instead of that, Cartoon Animator provides libraries in which well pre-made Elastic Motion templates are ready for applying.
Most common animations can be found in the libraries and you just need to apply them to create lively animations for props.
( Watch Tutorial - Intro to Elastic Motions )
( Watch Tutorial - Combining Elastic Motions )
- Apply a prop.
Switch the Content Manager to the Elastic Motion >> Template tab >> ElasticMotion Template >> 1_Entrance.
Drag and drop one of the desired templates onto the prop to create an entrance animation.
The prop will then instantly perform the entrance animation of the template.
Switch to the 2_Emphasis library and apply another template to the prop.
You will see the prop performing animation where it is.
Switch to the 3_Exit library and apply another template to the prop.
The prop will then move out with the animation of the template.
- The prop's animation is thus created without spending a lot of time setting keys.
If you wish to adjust the applied elastic motions, then please follow the steps below:
- Select the prop that has been applied with elastic motions.
- Open the Timeline (Shortcut: F3) and expand the Motion track of the prop.
- Double-click on the motion clip highlighted in Green to open the Elastic Motion Editor.
Alternatively, right-click on the clip and select the Elastic Motion Editor item from the Pop-up menu.
- Adjust the settings in the editor to fine-tune the elastic motion.