Facial Mocap Workflow
Motion LIVE 2D offers the most flexible and intuitive motion capturing solution in the industry.
Now you can use a regular RGB video camera or web camera to quickly stream and capture your facial animation data to animate 2D characters inside Cartoon Animator.
( Watch Tutorial - Create Facial Animations with Webcam )
( Watch Tutorial - Getting Started with Motion LIVE 2D (Face Mocap) )
Please follow the steps below to capture your facial performance.
- Install a web camera on your computer.
- Install the Face3D profile and launch the Face3D Tracker for the profile.
Make sure your face is shown on the screen through the web camera.
- Apply and select a character in Cartoon Animator.
Click the Motion LIVE 2D button on the Add-on Toolbar.
Alternatively, go to Plugins >> Motion LIVE 2D >> Motion LIVE 2D.
The Motion LIVE 2D panel will show.
- In the Gear List section, find the Face3D device with a red hollow circle under the Facial group.
- Click on the hollow circle to activate it. The circle will turn to be a solid green one, which indicates that the device is now connected to Motion LIVE 2D plugin.
- In the Character List section, click the drop-down button beside the Exclamation icon in the Face column to assign a gear.
- Select the Face3D device from the list. You will see the icon of the gear shown in the cell.
- Click the Preview button, and press the Space Bar to preview your real human facial expressions on the virtual character.
For better capture results, click the Set Zero Pose button to reinitialize the facial expressions.
- Click the Record button and press the Space Bar to start recording.