Using ExpressionPlus in Face Puppet Panel (New for v7.9)
In the Face Puppet panel, you can use ExpressionPlus-related profiles and face controls to create realistic facial expression animations. However, these expressions can only be applied to the CC3+ characters.
- Apply a character and make sure it is selected.
- Click the Face Puppet button under the Animation tab in the Modify panel.
- In the Face Puppet panel, pick one of the profiles with string, ExPlus (short name of ExpressionPlus), in the name from the Face Animation Profile list.
If your character is a vintage CC3+, which do not has any ExpressionPlus facial profile applied, then iClone will pop up a message asking if you want to auto-apply the ExpressionPlus facial profile to replace the original ones of the character. Click the Yes button to apply the profile.
- Choose one of the Full Face Control template, in this case, Chew.
- Adjust the Strength slider to increase or decrease the strength of the facial expression, in this case, 0.8.
- Click the Preview button in order to enter the previewing mode.
- Move your cursor to the center of the character's face, then press down the Spacebar to start previewing.
- Circulate your cursor around within the cross-hair mark to trigger the facial expressions.
- Press Spacebar again to stop the preview mode, optionally modify the strength if it is not ideal.
- Click the Record button in order to enter the recording mode.
- Move your cursor to the center of the character's face, then press down the Spacebar to start recording.
- Circulate your cursor around within the cross-hair mark to trigger the facial expression for recording. Press the Spacebar again to stop recording.