4 Angle Points Settings for 360 Head (New for v4)
If you apply a G3 head or create a head by means of importing PSD file, then you can use the Quick Head Turn Setup panel to create a basic 360 head. Keep in mind that the Quick Head Turn Setup panel only deals with the Transformation, Mask and Layer Order results for the left, right, up and down angle points.
- Apply a G3 character. Enter the Composer mode.
- You can add a sprite layer onto the head.
Adjust the layer order of the sprite with the Layer Manager.
- Click the 360 Head Creator button in the toolbar.
Alternatively, you can execute the 360 Head Creator command in the Modify menu.
- Click the Quick Head Turn Setup button on the top of the panel.
- The Quick Head Turn Setup panel will appear.
- Maximum Angle: This slider determine the maximum angle for each direction (Angle Point) on the Quadrant pane. The number is from 0 to 90 degrees. Keep in mind that you are allowed to set different angles for different directions (Angle Points).
- Auto Settings - Masking: The system will use the face sprite as the mask to filter out the part of the sprites when they move out of the mask. You can manually turn on/off the mask influences for each sprite.
- Auto Settings - Layering: The system will automatically set the sprite layer order for each angle point.
- Preview: Press down this button and move around within the Quadrant pane to see the head turn.
- By default, the Transformation, Mask and Layer settings are pre-determined by Cartoon Animator. Take the right angle point as an example, the status of the character's head is as shown in the
- Adjust the Angle slider to determine the leftmost angle to which the head turns, in this case, 60
degrees (max 90 degrees).
- Select the sprite that you want to relocate.
- Move, rotate and scale the sprite.
Repeat the same steps for any other sprite.
- By default, the Masking box in the Auto Settings group is activated which will turn on the mask influence of certain layers (eyebrows, eyes and mouth).
You need to manually turn on the mask icon for the layers that are not masked.
The part that are out of the face will be masked off.
- Click the left angle point.
You will see the statuses of the sprite layers are totally different from the ones in another angle points, including the transformation, maximum angle, masking and layer order.
- Follow the same steps from 6 to 11 to do the adjustments (max angle: 80
After the adjustment, the face appears more correctly.
- By default, the Layering box in the Auto Settings group is activated which will arrange the layer in pre-defined order.
You need to manually drag and move the layers.
The layers are in proper order.
- Repeat the same steps for the rest of the 2 angle points.
- Press the Preview button to view the final result.
- If you are satisfied with the result, click the Apply button. The settings for the four angle points will be kept in the Normal mode.Note:
The Quick Head Turn Setup panel only set for the 4 angle points, therefore, the face to the other directions has the high probability that the results are not correct.