What are Expression Set and Viseme Set
In Character Creator, each character can talk and make facial expressions with lip-shapes with the help of Expression Set and Viseme Set. They are actually two sets composed of numerous sliders which can be used to trigger facial expression and lip-sync.
The Expression Set contains official expression sliders which are closely related to the Face Control Systems, such as Face Key Editor, Face Puppet, Motion Live, Auto Blink, Look At.. and so on.
There are 3 Expression Sets currently supported in Character Creator: Old Set, CC4 Extended and CC4 Standard.
This set is also known as Old Standard Set or iC7 Standard Set.
Old Standard Set
- Contains 64 standard sliders applied from iClone 5 to iClone 7 (head and eyeballs rotation are excluded). You can find these sliders in the left four tabs of the Edit Facial panel in Character Creator or Face Key Editor in iClone.
- Can be applied to Humanoid and Standard Characters, including CC1, CC3, CC3+ and Game Based.
- For being compatible in iClone 8, the category in the set is re-organized and the Head, Eyeball and Eye Blink are separately categorized.
iClone 7.9 Explus
- Contains 64 standard sliders as well.
- 63 more sliders are added for ExPlus facial system. You can find these sliders in the right tab of the Edit Facial panel in Character Creator or Face Key Editor in iClone.
- Can be applied to CC3+ characters only.
This set is also known as New Standard Set, Hybrid Set or Film Set.
- Maximum number of morphing sliders.
- Match Meta Human as possible for Live Link Synchronization.
- The existing morph sliders are divided into up, down, left and right parts, especially the ones related to the mouth.
- Symmetrical or repeated expressions are removed.
- Old Face Puppet Profile and Expression Style are compatible.
This set is also known as ARKit Set, Expression Plus Set or New Explus Set.
- Medium morphing sliders.
- The sliders consists of 52 ARKit and 11 Tongue Morph sliders.
- Can be used to perform the basic facial expressions.
- The facial expressions created in iClone can be completely exported without additional expression blend shapes by this ARKit system set.
The Viseme Set is a set containing official viseme sliders. These sliders affect the lip shapes of TTS (Text to Speech) and Acculips systems.
There are 2 Expression Sets currently supported in Character Creator: 8+7 Phoneme Pair and 1:1 Direct.
Refer to What are 8 + 7 Phoneme Pair and 1 : 1 Direct Lipsync Systems section for more information.