The Prop Puppet feature helps you move your mouse and trigger the prop to transform, while the transform animations are all being recorded. This method saves time when setting a bunch of individual keys for moving, rotating or scaling; in addition to that, the smoothness of the animation is higher that what you can achieve by manually adding keys.
- Select a prop.
- Click the Prop Puppet button under the prop animation tab of the Modify panel.
- In the Prop Puppet panel, select a mode (Simple and Advanced) for puppeteering.
- Press the Preview button and then the space bar; move your mouse and preview the movements of the prop (Shortcut: Space bar).
- Press the Space bar to stop previewing.
- If you are satisfied with the preview result, then press the Record button and then the space bar; move your mouse and record the movements of the prop.
- Press the Space bar to stop recording.