InstaLOD Mesh Optimization - Wearables (New for v3)
If you want to optimize all the objects worn on a character at once, such as the clothes, gloves, shoes, accessories, and hair, you can consider to using this feature instead of optimizing them one at a time.
- Create a new project. In this case, the character is from DAZ with extremely high poly count.
- Select the objects put on the character and check its poly count (shortcut: Ctrl + F). The Selected Triangle number is the total mesh polygon count of the clothes, hair, gloves, shoes and accessories.
You can set these objects to wireframe mode for showing the original topology.
- Access the Modify >> Polygon Reduction >> Polygon Reduction - Wearables command.
- The Polygon Reduction - Wearables panel shows.
- Recommended Settings: Choose this radio button to use the default optimization algorithm to reduce the polygon count.Note:
The face count and the final reduction percentage for the Recommended Settings are as show below:
- Under 4000: Does not proceed optimization.
- 4000 ~ 3000: 90%.
- 8000 ~ 15000: 80%
- 15000 ~ 40000: 60%
- 40000 ~ 80000: 40%
- 80000 ~ 300000: 20%
- 300000 ~ 600000: 10%
- Above 600000: 5%
- By Percentage: You can select this radio button to determine the percentage for reducing the face count.
- By Face Count: If you want to set a precise face count, then choose this radio button and enter the desired number.
- Refer to the Baking Details to Textures section for more information about the Bake Texture drop-down list.
- Recommended Settings: Choose this radio button to use the default optimization algorithm to reduce the polygon count.
- Choose one of the Optimization radio buttons (in this case, the Recommended Settings) and click the Apply button.
- The polygons of all objects put on the character will be rebuilt and reduced.
- Check out the face count of the character's wearable objects.