Creating Game Base Character from Creation Base Characters
Character Creator is introducing a new Game Base character with its topology optimized for Mobile, Game, AR / VR developers. The 10K polygon base also answers the call for displaying massive amount of NPCs or Citizens with true-to-life body and facial animation, without the serious performance drop in real-time rendering.
- Build a Creation base (CC3) character with Character Creator.
- Open the Modify panel. Switch to the Attribute tab, in the Avatar section, click the Convert to Game Base button.
- Determine if you want to merge all the materials together or keep them individually.
- Single Material:
This setting will merge the skin, tongue, eyelashes and nails
materials of the character into a single mesh.
- Multi-material: This setting keeps all the materials the character originally has. Including the ones of the eyes, teeth, clothes, hair, accessories, gloves and shoes.
- Separate Eyelash Material: Activate this feature to isolate the eyelash material which is suitable for close-up shots on the character's face. This feature only supports Merging to Single Material function.
- Max Texture Size: The textures in the materials will be capped at this size.
- Single Material: This setting will merge the skin, tongue, eyelashes and nails materials of the character into a single mesh.
- The skin topology will be optimized and triangulated for an external game engines.
Left: Creation Base --> Quad Mesh; Right: Game Base --> Triangle Mesh
- Apply the Game_Eyes_OneUV or Game_Eyes_MultiUV teeth templates.
Also, apply the 2 Game_Teeth_OneUV or 3 Game_Teeth_MultiUV templates as these are suitable for Game Base characters.
- Use the Polygon Reduction feature (Wearables, Object, Element) to optimize the face count of the objects put on the character, such as the accessories, clothes, hair, gloves and shoes.
- Export the character in FBX format for game engines by Merging Materials or Remeshing.